It’s been a few weeks since my last post. Hell, it’s been a month since I left for the playa. I’ve been resisting writing for some reason or another. So I am just siting down now to bang on the keyboard for a few minutes and get some thoughts out.
So, 10 things:
1. I’m back from burning man. If you are linked to me on facebook or flickr you’ve seen the pictures.
It was lovely.
2. I just got a new battery for my car. It was having trouble getting started. Like me. When I went to pep boys, I had this profound realization that I can do many things on my car myself. It’s a skillset that I set aside for years, but I used to be pretty adept at troubleshooting car stuff. And after the engine detail, my honda is so happy.
3. My writing partner informed me taht he finished the first draft of our current project. This makes me infinitely happy. We have a meeting tomorrow. I am looking forward to working on it!
4. I’m building a new shade for the back porch of the cabin, starting this weekend. I need help. I have a few brave volunteers. It’s going to be really fun, I think. And Damn I love the cabin.
5. I spent my Saturday night at Medieval Times in Buena Park. I used to go there any time I could talk my parents into a birthday party there when I was a kid. I used to love that place! As an adult, I was far more bored. I didn’t remember all the “drama.” But the company was great. It was cast and crew from Cirque Berserk and we were celebrating my dear friend Jenn’s birthday. We took a Hummer limo. It was rad.
6. Speaking of medieval times, I am planning on starting up a casual thursday night dnd game. If you played in your young past, or you want to try out the new system, I am creating an episodic game where you can come in and out whenever you are available. It’s going to be really fun. A number of poeple have aproached me about wanting to learn to play. Here is your chance.
7. Work has picked up. I worked four days last week. I am sure more is coming.
8. I am re-listening to the 4 Hour Work Week on audiobook. I have forgotten so much from that book. I need to remember to cycle through books a second or third time to really grok the whole thing.
9. I lost my ipod. I am sure that some people out there have ipods that are just sitting in drawers out there. I love listening to the ipod in the car, and leaving the iphone separate. My flow while driving is all messed up.
10. Ah the last one is always the hardest. In the next six months I am going to get one of my cartoons into production and it’s going to star the voice talent of Ali Packard and Jason Marsden. By my birthday it’s going to be financed.
Tags: 10 things